We have a pre-lit, artificial tree. You'd think it would not be hard to get it put up except for 30 minutes all I could find where plugs and not the ends to put them in. What the heck?! After many attempts at plugging and unplugging, I finally have lights on all parts of the tree. Success! It was bad there for a minute when I actually thought untangling strings of lights would be preferable. Little Miss Middle Child put the angel on top. And now I'm wondering, do we really need ornaments?
To pass the time until the hubster gets home to find the big Christmas box in the attic, the kids are supposed to be putting the train track together. We usually have the Polar Express heading around the bottom of the tree each year. Judging from the squeals in the other room and the mess of tracks all over the floor, I'm guessing they've given up on this endeavour. Maybe they're feeling the same way that I did about the lights.
 |
| Notice all the pillows on the floor? So that's what those squeals were about! |
 |
| Who needs a track? I'll just go around these socks here. |
And now the crying begins...it's 8:20 p.m. The track still isn't done. And a certain someone is crying because it's time for bed and no ornaments are on the tree. Three guesses who. "I don't want to go to bed! I want to watch the Polar Express and do the ornaments!" And that's how we know it's Christmas time in our house.
Happy Holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment