Tuesday, July 23, 2013

But is it goal-worthy?

I am trying to pick a goal...something concrete to work toward. I am having an issue deciding though.

Technically, I have a goal to promote to team leader with Usborne this fall. And while I want it and believe in the company, I have trouble with goals that involve other people. I know that I should look at it as helping others. Usborne may be just thing someone needs in their life. I get that, but depending on others doesn't really sit well with me. Nope I was never a fan of the team projects in school either. You might have guessed that.

So I still need a goal. Last year I had the goal to earn the iPad. I did. Then I had the goal to use my Usborne earnings to pay for my 40th birthday trip to Vegas. I did. But all this year I have been struggling to come up with some proper motivation.

This lack of motivation goes beyond business, of course. I have no motivation to eat right or exercise either. And the motivation to be a domestic diva has never been there. Shocking!

While I know no one can determine my goal for me or even motivate me when I stubbornly refuse to be motivated, I am interested to know what my friends are working toward right now...professionally, personally, whatever. Share!

2 comments:

  1. Personally a couple goals I am working on is weight loss and keeping up on my running. I am also trying to read more religous/inspiring books to be a better wife and mother and to pray more. I deeply want to do these things but loose motivation so quickly. On a more professional side I want to complete the goal of getting some of my crafts on my Etsy site. Some days just getting to the grocery store is like climbing a mountain :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get one goal established Silvia. And look at you! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete