In the 6 months since I forgot I had a blog and was supposed to be writing and housework avoiding, some things have happened. I have still managed to avoid housework, that much hasn't changed. And I have continued on with the raising of my children, that's a given. Here are some highlights to catch us up.
1. We drove to California and saw the Redwoods. Those TREES! Just thinking of them still brings tears to my eyes. So beautiful and so full of the glory of God. Just overwhelmingly amazing.
2. The hubster and I celebrated 15 years of marriage with a couple of days away from the kiddos in San Diego. We did nothing really touristy, so I feel like we need to go back. The sun and the surf are calling me.
3. My kids started 6th and 2nd grades and pre-K. I have been feeling very sentimental so far this school year about my oldest two being in the same school for the last time. And just the thought of the years ahead for middle school and high school is enough to give me a panic attack. I have no idea how I am going to get through this. Pray for me Saints!
4. My parents left this coast and moved to New York. We are back to being alone in the West. Sad, sad, sad.
5. I turned 41.
6. I had a busy Usborne fall. I'd set a goal to promote to team leader and give myself an 11% raise, which happened in November. Yay! In the midst of that, I happened to look at the President's Club tracker (thanks to a Facebook post from fellow Uzzie Tanya Sanchez) and saw that I was really close to making President's Club (an incentive program designed to encourage, promote and recognize group growth). I decided "oh maybe I should try." Yes that was exactly my attitude "Oh MAYBE I should TRY." So I did a little pushing in October with the help of my teammates and made the President's Club. Yay! And then in December I realized I was pretty close to earning the incentive trip to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. Wouldn't it be really cool, a trifecta even, to earn the trip, too? And with LOTS OF HELP from my TEAMMATES, FRIENDS, CUSTOMERS, HOSTESSES and EVERYONE who has ever known me and supported my Usborne business, I made it! YAY!
So THANK YOU! I think this deserves a Bahama Mamma party!
What will the next 6 months bring?
;0) Glad to see you back at it!!!!! It has been an eventful 6 months, eh?
ReplyDeleteYes. Eventful in a good way.
Delete