I woke up this morning around 8:30. None of my kids were awake yet and no children were in my bed. (Score!) By 9 everyone was up, and I was making pancakes, eggs, and bacon for breakfast. Then guess what happened. My son asked what he could do to help. (I think he was really hungry.) So he learned to make pancakes this morning.
I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon wandering from room to room reading my book. Guess why I kept moving. Kids kept following me. I finally finished my book though. Then I took a nap. Sadly it kept getting interrupted, and after an hour I got up to find toys everywhere. Yes they were probably there earlier, too, but I was reading so I didn't care. But because my book was done, it was time to clean up. It's amazing how much cleaner the house looks when the kids pick up all the stuff they have left in every room of the house.
That inspired me to sweep and that inspired to wash the dishes. I think this particular inspiration draws a line at cleaning the bathroom though. Another book is calling my name. So I think I will feed the children dinner, as they were on their own for lunch, and go find a quiet spot to read until they find me again.
No comments:
Post a Comment