I am sick to death of the "I didn't have time" excuse constantly coming from my son. I just picked him up from his after-school activity and as we're walking down the hall I'm looking at some of the things posted outside his classroom. So I ask where his is, and you guessed it. He didn't have time...
Now I know he's slow. I call him turtle for a reason. But I also know that after fall teacher conferences where I heard about a lot of unfinished work, I expressly asked that my turtle be kept in from recess if he didn't finish his work. That worked for about a month evidently.
So what do I have to do, show up every morning at recess time to check that his work is complete before he's allowed out? Or can we at least have his unfinished work sent home so I can have him finish it. I guess I'll have to send an e-mail to the teacher.
In the meantime, turtle's gaming systems are gone for a week while his guitar lessons are put on indefinite hold because frankly he just doesn't have enough time, especially with all the extra work he's going to have to do now.
*sucking my teeth and rolling my eyes*
No comments:
Post a Comment