One week ago I had lunch with my friend, and we decided to support each other in our attempt to lose 50 pounds.
I've lost weight before, usually around 20 pounds before I stop. I don't know why I stop. I'm sure there is some deep psychological issue about not feeling worthy or some warped tendency toward self-sabotage.
I've done Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, and Advocare. And they all work up until the point that I lose interest, which is faster than I lose weight, unfortunately.
So this time we're focusing on one healthy habit at time. We are at the end of the first week. And this week's goal was to drink 64 ounces of water a day. Now this isn't the half your body weight in ounces of water that a couple of my friends mentioned was optimal. But 64 ounces is way, way more than I normally drink. And I must say that I only managed to get the full 64 ounces in once in the whole week. Pitiful. We were also supposed to take a multivitamin this week. Yeah...I didn't do that either. I'm going to go and get that adult gummy vitamin today though.
Today is the start of week two, and we're building on last week by continuing with our water and vitamin (or in my case still trying to get the water and vitamin down) and adding in three days of at least 30 minutes of exercise. I am hopeful that I do better at incorporating the exercise. Another friend mentioned the 6 a.m. cycling class at SHARC to me, and now we have a plan to go on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of next week. 6 a.m. is mighty early, but I'm hoping that partnering with Michelle will help. She's giving up morning snuggles with her daughter to do this with me, so I can't bail.
I have had an eventful health year and am hopeful that some healthful changes will keep me around to meet my grandkids. Plus I'm a year away from 40, and I'd like to look fine, fine, foxy fine when I celebrate. So pray for me yall that I can find and keep my motivation this time around.
No comments:
Post a Comment