Thursday, November 10, 2011

My inner punk

Inside, deep inside, I'm a punk rocker chick. I'm all Mohawk and black nail polish and spikes.

Can you tell? Yeah probably not.

I'm thinking of letting a little of her out though. I'm considering dying a few of my dreads purple or blue or red. I'm having trouble deciding on a color. I'm leaning toward purple just because it's my favorite color. And if I'm dying my hair something a little outside of the box, why not go with my favorite color?

I'm a little wary to dye my hair myself though so that means I have to go find someone to do it, which puts me in a weird position in Oregon. It's not like I can just go to the salon up the street, because I don't want someone who doesn't know how to work with black hair experimenting on me.

And if you think by black hair, I'm referring to my hair color....yeah that's what I'm trying to avoid.

I could go into North Portland and find a spot, but then my experience with black salons in Portland thus far is that they really don't know what to do with natural hair.

So I'm still considering. My inner punk may stay hidden a little longer. I guess I could just paint my fingernails black and call it a day.

1 comment:

  1. You could put "hair flair" in. They are tinsels that just tie into your hair and fall out in about 2-3 weeks. http://www.hairflairs.com

    ReplyDelete