I've been sitting here for the longest time staring at the empty text box. No idea what to write but not willing to give up my foray into blogging on day 5. So I just stopped staring and started typing.
And that made me wonder at how often I am intimidated by the blank page. How often I let that intimidation stop me.
As a former editor, you would think I'd realize the power of revision. And I do intellectually. But that doesn't stop the latent writer in me from wanting to say something brilliant or noteworthy out of the gate. That's not the case though, obviously.
Perhaps I'll take a look at the writing notebook I started a few months ago and just pick one of those ideas and start writing. Write anything and don't worry about whether it's good or whether anyone else would read it or like it. That's an idea, right? Just dedicate an hour a day to letting something flow without worrying about if it's any good or whether my friends will want to take 5 minutes out of their day to read it.
Now where to find that dedicated hour...I fear my Facebook time may have to be cut.
As an aside, I wonder what else intimidation is stopping me from doing? I'm gonna have to think on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment