I jealously guard my Sundays. I always feel guilty about being too lazy to get it together and go to church. So I figure if I can't do that, then I wont do anything. That means that Sundays are my kids' least favorite day of the week because they are forced to do nothing, too.
But today we broke from tradition. No I still didn't make it to church. But I did go shopping alone (bliss), and the middle child got to go to a birthday party (fun). And the boy and the littlest girl, well they got to do nothing. Poor kiddos.
Maybe my break from tradition was oddly energizing, because I was oddly domestic today. OK not that domestic but I did load, unload, and reload the dishwasher and put our Halloween decorations away. Take what you can get household!
My grand plans for folding laundry weren't realized, but I did make homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner--too bad the noddles were too mushy.
Oh well you win some you lose some. You take one step forward and two steps back. You...sorry can't think of another cliche.
No comments:
Post a Comment