Thursday, November 3, 2011

What a busy day looks like for me

Today was one of those days that all stay-at-home moms know about. It was a day when I was actually never at home, a day that makes you question the label stay-at-home mom.

I can say, at least, my morning was relaxing. The girls and I have a kind of routine going. After my 4th grader is up, fed, and out the door by 7:30 a.m., the girls normally wake up, have a leisurely breakfast, and watch their daily TV (the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake and the Neverland Pirates being favorites).

Then we move onto whatever's on the schedule usually by 9:30 a.m. or so provided that no one has slept in. Most days there is nothing on the schedule, which for some moms might mean time for chores. For me that usually means a couple more shows for the girls while I play on Facebook or Twitter or sneak a nap on the couch.

Today though a soccer class for my kindergartner was on the agenda. It was an especially relaxing class for me today since the toddler was at daycare. It's been challenging to keep her contained at the classes. Then it was on to the school for a few PTA duties before dropping the kindergartner off in her classroom.

After drop-off, I could so see other moms doing the grocery shopping or heading home to clean something. But me? I was lucky enough to meet a friend for lunch. I definitely need more of that in my schedule! All too soon though it was time to prep for our first Daisy Troop meeting and head to pick up my Daisy Scout from school.

A Daisy Scout meeting and a daycare pick-up later, I am finally home making dinner and making time to complete my daily blog, though I can't say it's a very interesting or thought-provoking post. But it does mean that I didn't blow it off, and I can avoid loading the dishwasher before we dash off to Big Brother E's basketball clinic.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment