Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Domestic diva-ness in progress

I often give myself a hard time about all that did not get accomplished. Because there's always so much to do and not enough time to do it in, especially when I waste time on Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, Blogger.com as well as reading my book club books and watching my DVR'ed shows. I guess one could argue that some of that is actually momma rejuvenation time and not a waste. In fact, I make that argument to myself frequently, but I digress.

But during today's child-free time, I have actually managed to be quite productive. OK yeah I'm blogging now, but before I sat down to do this I loaded the dishwasher, put turkey in the crockpot for dinner, folded four loads of laundry and washed another two.

I am trying to stay positive about accomplishing what I could during my two-hour break. And not beat myself up over the fact that the kitchen island and two tables are stacked high with crap. I will not beat myself up over the fact that I did not make my Usborne calls while the house was quiet. I will not beat myself up over the fact that three bathrooms still need to be cleaned.

I did what I could. And it's more than I did yesterday. So now I will wake up the littlest one and head to the school to pick up the middle child, and I wont beat myself up about all that's left to do. Because really what would be the point?

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing what a change in perspective can do. I remember a woman talking about how her marriage changed when she started focusing on her husband's positive attributes instead of being critical. (She told me this years ago and I have never forgotten it.) How wonderful to focus on what you DID accomplish, and that includes BEING. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete